In today’s fast paced world seemingly less important things are pushed aside, or completely forgotten. Where does maintaining your oral health fit into your list of priorities?
If you find that you’re taking your teeth for granted, it’s important to understand that the condition of your teeth affects more than just your oral health—it also affects the quality of your life. Consider for a moment how your teeth contribute to a happy, healthy life each and every day.
What Your Teeth Do For You
1. Boost Your Appearance—Teeth are the support system for tissue around the mouth and a way to express to others our general health. Missing teeth can result in distortion of your facial features, bunching of skin tissue, and the appearance of premature ageing. In contrast, a full set of sparkling pearly whites will provide your face with a more youthful, rounded out, and healthy appearance.
2. Improving Your Health—When it comes to eating, your teeth play a vital role in proper digestion and your overall health. Pain or discomfort associated with teeth that are missing, damaged, or decayed can make it difficult for you to break down food sufficiently. On the other hand, a sound set of chompers permits you to enjoy a variety of food choices, break down food adequately, and facilitates the body’s ability to absorb the necessary nutrients for healthy living.
3. The Social Benefits—Possessing a gorgeous, healthy-looking smile can influence both the way you are perceived by others, as well as how you view yourself. A full set of teeth also effectively collaborates with the lips and tongue to form speech that is clear and understandable. Taking good care of your teeth can therefore open personal and professional doors in life that may otherwise remain closed.
What You Can Do
There is no doubt that your teeth play an essential part in enjoying a successful and happy life. So regardless of how hectic your schedule is, never think you are too busy to maintain a good routine of dental hygiene in Barrington, IL. This includes
- Brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Cleaning between your teeth daily.
- Avoiding the use of tobacco products.
- Adopting a well-balanced diet of healthy foods.
- Visiting your dentist regularly for a professional cleaning and thorough check-up.
Taking care of your teeth does indeed take time and preventive action, but it is definitely worth the effort. Contact us today to book your next six month cleaning/examination, or to boost your smile-ability with one of our many modern cosmetic options. We would be happy to assist you in making sure that you live your fast paced life to the full, with a vibrant, healthy-looking smile to share with others.
Share with us: What are you doing to make sure you don’t become too busy to give your oral health the attention it deserves?