Dr. Jackson, at The Chicago Center for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, provides a wide range of professional dental services for Lake Zurich area residents. This includes modern, safe techniques in caring for patients who have developed one or more cavities.
The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) reports that 92% of adults age 20 to 64 have had dental caries in their permanent teeth. Having dental work is therefore an inevitability for most people. In years past, patients received metal fillings as a solution to prevent further damage to the tooth.
But thanks to modern dental technology, Dr. Jackson repairs cavities using modern tooth-colored composites. How do these non-metal fillings prove superior in comparison to their metal counterparts?
1. Conservative— Non-metal fillings bond directly to the tooth, which requires far less drilling of healthy tooth structure. This results in less time at the dentist and faster healing times.
2. Allergies— Some people experience allergic reactions to the metals used in fillings or other restorative dental work, whereas non-metal fillings do not pose such a problem.
3. Tooth integrity— Metal fillings are prone to expand and contract when exposed to temperature changes, which can over time weaken the tooth wall and cause tooth fractures.
4. Safety— The metal used in yesteryear’s shiny fillings contains mercury. Mercury is thought to be responsible for possible negative long-term health effects. Non-metal fillings remove that concern and can give you peace of mind.
5. Appearance— Tooth-colored composites can restore the beauty and effectiveness of your smile as opposed to the eyesore of metal fillings that scream “I have problems with my teeth!”
Dr. Jackson has the experience and needed skills to repair your cavities of today, as well as remove your old metal fillings and restore your cavities of the past. Through modern dental options including non-metal fillings, Dr. Jackson can care for all the dental needs of Lake Zurich area residents, so that your smile of today and tomorrow continues to make you happy.